TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully before using this Site.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
https://abilitytoday.com is a site operated by Disability Today CIC, trading as Ability Today (“We“). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10874321 and have our registered office at Disability Today CIC, 27 Old Gloucester St, London WC1N 3AX. Our main trading address is Disability Today CIC, PO Box 2470 The Studio, Chobham GU24 8ZD.
We are a CIC company.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time in our sole discretion. If we intend to change the content of an ad you posted, we will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
You acknowledge and agree that we will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the site.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge but we may charge for certain services, such as where you wish to post an ad.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you or to any third party if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
UPLOADING CONTENT OR AN AD TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out below, which constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- use our site only for lawful purposes and for your own purposes;
- include our copyright notice on any references you make to our site (or any part thereof); and
- comply with all technology laws and regulations that apply to the use of our site.
You may not use our site:
- for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us;
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful, malicious or fraudulent, or has any unlawful, malicious or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; and/or
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to:
- embed our site or any part of it into any other programs without our written permission;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site (including the source code) to any person without our written permission and in contravention with this Agreement;
- disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or create derivative works of the site;
- attempt to contravene section 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988;
- use the credentials of any person or entity to access the site or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorised use to the site (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the site), whether through password mining or any other means;
- harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the site;
- use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the site, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the site;
- hack into or insert malicious code, including viruses or harmful data, into our site;
- infringe our intellectual property rights;
- use the site in any way that could compromise our systems, security or interfere with other users;
- suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists; and
- damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
Where you make use of a feature that allows you to post an ad, you must also comply with the UK Code of Non-broadcast Advertising and Direct & Promotional Marketing (the “CAP Code”) and any other industry self-regulatory advertising guidelines, as well as our “Ad Posting Policy” set out below:
- All ads must be posted by members over 18 years of age.
- Malicious, defaming or slanderous ads are not permitted on our site.
- Illegal items or services are not permitted on our site.
- Ads that contains adult, mature or erotic content are not allowed.
- All ads must be posted in the most appropriate category.
- Each item, job or service should only be posted on the site once. Duplicates and spam ads are not allowed.
- Each ad must only contain one item. Multiple items must be listed in individual ads, with the exception of household clearance ads and job ads with multiple openings for the same position.
- URLs must be entered in the URL field, not in the description of the ad.
- Members must enter their contact details in the correct fields within their ads. Revealing these details in the ad description, photos or title is not allowed.
- Premium phone numbers are not permitted to be used in the Phone field, or in the ad description.
- Adding fake or invalid phone numbers is not allowed. Including a phone number in your ad is optional. If you don’t want to include one, leave the field blank.
- Keyword spamming (including many irrelevant words within your ad) to manipulate searches is not allowed.
- We do not allow discrimination of any kind.
- Offensive language, hate speech or extreme profanity are not allowed.
- Auctions ads are not permitted on our site.
- All items and services must be based in the UK, unless advertising an overseas property, in which case it must be categorised accordingly.
- All ads must be posted in English. Having a translation in another language is permitted.
You warrant that all content, ad or other contribution you make complies with the Acceptable Use Policy and the Ad Posting Policy (as applicable), and does not infringe any third party intellectual property rights, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content or ad you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose. You hereby warrant to us that you have the full requisite power and authority to grant us such usage rights in the content or ad you upload to our site. If necessary, you shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all licences required for the use of the content or ad you upload to our site, including payment of all associated licence fees and other costs.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content or ad posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content or ad posted by you or any other user of our site.
We reserve the right to take appropriate action against you if, in our opinion, you are in breach of the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy or our Ad Posting Policy (where applicable) or otherwise in breach of applicable laws. Such action may include removing or modifying such content, including any ad posted by you, terminating your account, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site.
You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page, unless you have contractual right with us to deep link from your site to parts of our website/websites.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.