Parkinson’s is an incurable disease that progressively hinders the part of the brain in charge of movement via cell death. Exactly what causes the loss of nerve cells is unclear, but it’s known that dopamine is responsible for many of the symptoms of the condition. Catching the disease early is important as many of the treatments are more effective when administer in the early stages.
In 70 percent of cases, Parkinson’s disease originates in the nervous system, but in the remaining 30 percent of cases, it is the nervous system of the intestine – or the enteric nervous system – that is compromised.
When Parkinson’s starts in the enteric nervous system, the disease is labelled “body-first Parkinson’s disease” (or body-first PD for short).
Read more at: https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1736628/parkinsons-early-signs-stool-protein