‘My mum was bitten by a tick – a year later she was in intensive care in a coma’ – Wales Online

When Sheila Pawan was planning her mother’s funeral she never expected to be in intensive care herself just days later completely paralysed.

The Neath Port Talbot mum had initially been experiencing numbness in her feet alongside pins and needles before it spread to her arms and legs, causing her severe pain and a loss of balance.

The next day she woke up unable to walk or even dress herself and her family rushed her straight to Morriston Hospital.

Click here to read full article https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/guillain-barre-syndrome-tick-bite-17670501

Font Resize